Sunday, April 20, 2008

Are There Similar Sites?

I was trying to find some sites that would be comparable to the site I have in mind.

I found this site, which is basically a way-more-in-depth site than mine would be, but it is also about country music: Roughstock. Also, this site looks messy. Some of the sub-pages are nice-looking, but the homepage is definitely not.

This one is a very simplistic (yet still messy) site that I found: Country Music Is My Favorite. But at least it led me to finding Country Weekly.

I came across this magazine that I had never seen before: Country Music People. I was shocked that I had never seen it; then I noticed that it is a British magazine. What are the British doing with our stuff? (I decided I can make fun of them because most of my heritage is British.)

I never really thought about country magazines. I knew People puts out a country issue every year, but I didn’t think about magazines that were all about country all the time. I guess it’s because I don’t live in an area where stores would stock that kind of thing. Darn city folk.

2 comments:

alek (initials: as) said...

I don't know anything about country music, but what is your opinion on this site: http://www.gactv.com/

At least it looks neat.

jenny said...

I love the "Country Music is My Favorite" site. I guess I just appreciate it's simplicity, it is afterall at my skill level (he he).