Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Colorful Musicians?

I have been thinking about colors for my website. I played around with the tools at Colors on the Web. I never realized how difficult it is to find colors that can go together and still be accessible for the visually impaired.
I tried a lot of different combinations of colors. I generally wanted to use blues, golds, and browns (because those are the colors I think of when I think about country music). I finally found a combination that passed, but it is not exactly what I had in mind:













I have decided to focus my website on country music that I enjoy. Maybe I will include a little about the history of country music. But mostly I will discuss musicians I like, their music, and their lyrics. Now I to decide how many artists to choose and which ones will make the cut.

3 comments:

Achay said...

I like your blog, especially the surveys and statistics in the right-hand column.

Don Diego said...

I used to hang out with a bunch of guys from the South. They were always blasting their country music. I grew to like it a little bit. I own one country album. It is by Dwight Yoakham. Do you like him or is he too twangy?

Hadley said...

Haha! Yes, blues, golds and browns are definately "country". I guess you can't use red, huh? I always think of red when I think of "country".
P.S. Do you know Jood? He is a walking encyclopedia of country music.