Thursday, April 10, 2008

Phase One

So I am wondering if I should make this website biased or not. It would be a lot easier if I could just post information about the musician I like, but I don't know if that would be kosher. (Does anyone else use "kosher" like that? Judging by my friends' reactions to it, I was thinking maybe it's just my mom's usage...)

Anyway, I could probably have information about musicians that I like and also have links to legendary musicians and current musicians. And of course I would also have links to sites like CMT.

I am going to start a list of musicians that I could write about / research:

Gary Allan
Dierks Bentley
Garth Brooks
Gretchen Wilson
Leann Rimes
Jason Aldean
John Michael Montgomery
Big & Rich
Brooks & Dunn
Keith Anderson
Keith Urban
Rascal Flatts
Josh Gracin
Carrie Underwood
Montgomery Gentry

Actually, that list is way too long if I am going to write about all of them. I guess I will have to take a different approach--like discussing country music as a genre/history and then touching upon some legendary and current artists. I don't know yet.

5 comments:

Christy said...

I am not that well informed about country music but your website will be a good way to get informed so good luck.

By the way I use kosher in that context as well.

alek (initials: as) said...

You probably can embed an audio player on the blog and later on the site when discussing particular artist.

Just an idea.

Commisioner said...

As I get older, I enjoy more and more the 'stories' that country music tell. I like your idea of providing information about the history of country music, especially if you could provide something about how the art of storytelling in these songs evolved.

mahsitti said...

I don't think there is anything wrong with being biased or sprouting your own opinions on your blog or website just as long as you are up front about it.

Nancy K said...

this isn't really a post about country music but I wanted to say what a great photo you have on your blog - looks like a great place to hike for a wonderful view - is it near Philly?

for what it's worth - I use kosher the same way too - and I like some country music but haven't listened to much music lately